If your blood sugar is extremely low and you need to bring it up quickly, juice is your thing. But that's not an effect you want when you're looking to keep your blood sugar level the rest of the time. The concentration of carbohydrates is very high and tends to cause severe spikes and drops. Keep fruit juice on hand to counteract hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), but make water your go-to beverage as part of your everyday diabetes diet.
- Q Can my blood sugar levels cause anxiety or depression?
- Q Is there an over the counter medication to control blood sugar?
- Q Can exercise change blood sugar levels?
- Q Why does my blood sugar go up during the night?
- Q Where can I learn to count carbs to improve my blood glucose control?
- Q Why must I have controlled sugar levels in my blood?