If your blood sugar is extremely low and you need to bring it up quickly, juice is your thing. But that's not an effect you want when you're looking to keep your blood sugar level the rest of the time. The concentration of carbohydrates is very high and tends to cause severe spikes and drops. Keep fruit juice on hand to counteract hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), but make water your go-to beverage as part of your everyday diabetes diet.
- Q How does exercise play a key in controlling blood sugar?
- Q What causes blood sugar levels to elevate high and very low?
- Q Can drinking lots of water lower my blood sugar?
- Q How do I manage my diabetes on a daily basis?
- Q How can I exercise to lower my blood sugar levels?
- Q With diabetes, what do I do for erratic glucose from irregular periods?