If your blood sugar is extremely low and you need to bring it up quickly, juice is your thing. But that's not an effect you want when you're looking to keep your blood sugar level the rest of the time. The concentration of carbohydrates is very high and tends to cause severe spikes and drops. Keep fruit juice on hand to counteract hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), but make water your go-to beverage as part of your everyday diabetes diet.
- Q With diabetes, what do I do for erratic glucose from irregular periods?
- Q How do I choose blood glucose goals if I have diabetes?
- Q How do I manage my diabetes on a daily basis?
- Q What causes blood sugar levels to elevate high and very low?
- Q How can pain affect blood sugar in people with diabetes?
- Q What non-diet factors influence blood sugar in diabetes?