If your blood sugar is extremely low and you need to bring it up quickly, juice is your thing. But that's not an effect you want when you're looking to keep your blood sugar level the rest of the time. The concentration of carbohydrates is very high and tends to cause severe spikes and drops. Keep fruit juice on hand to counteract hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), but make water your go-to beverage as part of your everyday diabetes diet.
- Q What is a healthy blood sugar level?
- Q How can I exercise to lower my blood sugar levels?
- Q Where can I learn to count carbs to improve my blood glucose control?
- Q What affects my blood glucose levels if I have diabetes?
- Q What can make my blood glucose levels rise and fall if I have diabetes?
- Q How do I choose blood glucose goals for my intensive diabetes management?