If your blood sugar is extremely low and you need to bring it up quickly, juice is your thing. But that's not an effect you want when you're looking to keep your blood sugar level the rest of the time. The concentration of carbohydrates is very high and tends to cause severe spikes and drops. Keep fruit juice on hand to counteract hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), but make water your go-to beverage as part of your everyday diabetes diet.
- Q With type 1 diabetes, how do I tightly control glucose levels?
- Q What non-diet factors influence blood sugar in diabetes?
- Q Is there any natural control for blood sugar?
- Q What are the ADA targets for blood glucose levels?
- Q What factors are considered in setting a glucose goal if I have diabetes?
- Q Can my blood sugar levels cause anxiety or depression?