If your blood sugar is extremely low and you need to bring it up quickly, juice is your thing. But that's not an effect you want when you're looking to keep your blood sugar level the rest of the time. The concentration of carbohydrates is very high and tends to cause severe spikes and drops. Keep fruit juice on hand to counteract hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), but make water your go-to beverage as part of your everyday diabetes diet.
- Q What non-diet factors influence blood sugar in diabetes?
- Q Besides diet, what else can affect blood sugar levels?
- Q How can pain affect blood sugar in people with diabetes?
- Q Can drinking lots of water lower my blood sugar?
- Q Can cider vinegar help people with diabetes control their blood sugar?
- Q What snacks will help me manage my blood sugar level?