How many servings of vegetables should I eat per day if I have diabetes?

For good health, try to eat at least 3-5 servings of vegetables a day. This is a minimum and more is better! A serving of vegetables is: 
  • 1/2 cup of cooked vegetables or vegetable juice
  • 1 cup of raw vegetables

Continue Learning about Diabetes

How Type 2 Diabetes Increases Your Risk for Heart Attack and Stroke
The facts around diabetes, heart disease and stroke are worrisome: Compared to people without diabetes, those with the disease are nearly two times as...
Why is it important for a diabetes patient to have a yearly checkup?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Yearly physical examinations are important for everyone as a preventive health measure, but they are...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
What Is A1C (Glycated Hemoglobin)?
What Is A1C (Glycated Hemoglobin)?