How does LADA differ from other types of diabetes?

Latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA) -- sometimes called type 1.5 -- is considered to be closer in nature to type 1 than type 2 diabetes because people with LADA have the antibodies characteristic of type 1 in their blood. People with LADA tend to have a lower body mass index (BMI) than people with type 2. They are also less likely to be able to manage their blood sugar levels with diet changes and oral medications.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

How to Give Yourself an Insulin Injection
It’s natural to feel anxious about giving yourself insulin injections, particularly if you’re not a fan of needles. But keep in mind: Insulin is injec...
What does insulin do in my body?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Insulin enables glucose to enter the cells in your body. Glucose is a fuel that your body uses for e...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
What Should My Family Know About Diabetes?