How do I know if Trulicity is right for me?

If you have type 2 diabetes, Trulicity (dulaglutide) combined with a healthy diet and exercise can help you better control your blood sugar level. Proper blood glucose control is important to prevent long-term complications of diabetes such as damage to blood vessels and nerves. 

However, Trulicity is not recommended as the first medication to treat diabetes. Metformin or Glucophage is usually tried first. 

Trulicity typically leads to a significant decrease in HbA1c, especially when coupled with other diabetes medications like metformin. The drug is taken once a week. This may be preferred if you have difficulty remembering to take your current medication or you want more flexibility. 

Before taking Trulicity, it is important to tell your doctor if you have:
  • a history of severe gastrointestinal (GI) disease
  • a personal or family history of thyroid cancer 
As always, it’s important to let your provider know of all prescription, over-the-counter and herbal medications you are taking.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

How Type 2 Diabetes Affects Your Organs
How Type 2 Diabetes Affects Your Organs
Get a look inside one woman’s eyes, kidneys and pancreas to learn how her type 2 diabetes affects her body, as well as her daily life, with Sharecare’...
What should I do if I take other medications along with diabetes drugs?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Oral diabetes medications come in pill or tablet form. Make sure you know when, how often and how mu...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
How I Keep My Stress in Check
How I Keep My Stress in Check