How healthy can I be if I have diabetes?

William Lee Dubois
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
If you take care of yourself and treat your diabetes carefully, you can actually become much healthier than the average American who does not have diabetes.

I am healthier with diabetes than I was without it. I think about my body, what I put into it, what I ask it to do. I am more keenly aware of my mortality, and yet will probably live longer and sweeter than I would have had diabetes not joined my team.
Taming the Tiger: Your first year with Diabetes

If you ve just been diagnosed with diabetes, this book is for you! It is a fact. Getting a diagnosis of diabetes has the same impact on your body and soul as having a heart attack. Right now you are...

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Can You Spot the Signs of Ketoacidosis?
Can You Spot the Signs of Ketoacidosis?
If you have diabetes, you may have heard of diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) and hyperosmolar hyperglycemic nonketotic syndrome (HHNS), also known as hyper...
Should I get a pancreas transplant for my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
A study has indicated that, for patients with functioning kidneys, survival rates of patients who re...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
Can Diabetes Cause Cancer?
Can Diabetes Cause Cancer?