How can I tell what my blood glucose levels are doing between tests?

CGMS stands for continuous glucose monitoring systems. A lot of times, it’s important for doctors to know what their patients' glucose levels are doing between finger stick testing. It's helpful to know, for example, what someone's glucose level is while he or she is asleep. A CGMS placed under the skin will measure blood sugar every five minutes for three days.

With 72 hours of information, doctors can identify glucose patterns and manage them appropriately.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Why Would I Go on Insulin Therapy?
Why Would I Go on Insulin Therapy?
In this video, endocrinologist John Merendino, MD, discusses the role of insulin therapy in regulating blood sugar levels, and dispels a misconception...
How can I use portion control to help manage my diabetes?
Reprioritize portions to help manage your diabetes. It's not just about eating smaller portions; it'...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
4 Tips to Fight Inflammation and Reduce Your Disease Risk