How do glucose control nutritional drinks work?

The ratio of nutrients (proteins to carbohydrates to fats) in glucose control drinks is specifically designed to help those with type 2 diabetes avoid dangerous spikes in their blood sugar levels. Glucose control drinks also contain nutrients such as m-inositol, which help prevent the development of kidney disease and foot infections in persons with diabetes. They also contain chromium which helps insulin in the body work more efficiently.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Know Your Risk: Diabetic Heart Disease
Know Your Risk: Diabetic Heart Disease
Whether it’s type 1 or type 2, having diabetes means you’re more likely to develop heart disease than those without the condition, more likely to deve...
How does lack of insulin harm people with diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
In our diabetic bodies, sugar piles up. The lack of insulin or the presence of lazy insulin (cal...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
Can Diabetes Affect My Sexual Function?
Can Diabetes Affect My Sexual Function?