Which fruits and juices have a medium glycemic index?

Emilia Klapp
Fruits and juices with a medium glycemic index -- from 40 to 50 on a scale of 0 to 100 -- should be ingested by diabetics in moderation because of their effect on blood sugar. These include coconut and coconut milk, unsweetened cranberry juice, prunes, fresh-squeezed and unsweetened orange juice, unsweetened apple juice, unsweetened grapefruit juice, and persimmons.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Can You Spot the Signs of Ketoacidosis?
Can You Spot the Signs of Ketoacidosis?
If you have diabetes, you may have heard of diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) and hyperosmolar hyperglycemic nonketotic syndrome (HHNS), also known as hyper...
Should I get a pancreas transplant for my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
A study has indicated that, for patients with functioning kidneys, survival rates of patients who re...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
Control Your Blood Sugar With Vinegar
Control Your Blood Sugar With Vinegar