What does a continuous glucose monitoring system sensor do?

William Lee Dubois
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
The sensor is like the the drug-sniffing dog of a CGM system. It is commonly a wire-like probe that is inserted under your skin and rests in the interstitial fluid to measure the glucose level of your body.
Beyond Fingersticks: The art of control with continuous glucose monitoring

Everything you ever wanted to know about CGM (but didn’t know to ask)!Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM), the revolutionary technology that’s poised to completely change diabetes care, gives you...

Continue Learning about Diabetes

The Pancreas and Diabetes
The Pancreas and Diabetes
Take a trip inside the body with this video from Virtual Health Solutions. Get an up-close look at the pancreas, the gland that produces the hormone i...
What should I know before I take a glitazone?
Your doctor will need to test your liver and kidney function before starting treatment. If you have ...
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
Cold hands could be a bigger problem than you think.
Has New Technology Made a Difference in Diabetes?