Is my continuous glucose monitor waterproof?

William Lee Dubois
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
The CGM monitors, generally speaking, don’t like water, and they are not waterproof. The good news is that the modern sensors and transmitters are essentially waterproof. So if you leave the monitor on the bathroom countertop and just jump into the shower or tub you’ll be fine.
Beyond Fingersticks: The art of control with continuous glucose monitoring

Everything you ever wanted to know about CGM (but didn’t know to ask)!Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM), the revolutionary technology that’s poised to completely change diabetes care, gives you...

Continue Learning about Diabetes

How to Protect Your Heart if You Have Diabetes
You’ve probably heard that diabetes is a major risk factor for cardiovascular disease. How major? According to the American Diabetes Association (AD...
What things should I keep in mind if I have diabetes?
Kelly TraverKelly Traver
When you have diabetes, it can be hard to keep track of all the things you're supposed to do for you...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
What Is Continuous Glucose Monitoring?
What Is Continuous Glucose Monitoring?