Why is it smart to take my continuous glucose monitor when I travel?

William Lee Dubois
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
Traveling with a CGM is even more work than living with one, and you might be tempted to just take a break from CGMing when you travel. But that would be a bad idea.

Few things wreak havoc on your blood sugars more than travel does. Your body clock unravels when traveling across time zones, sleep patterns change, eating habits get blown out of the water, and the assorted stresses and excitements that travel provides all add up to destroy even the best controlled blood sugar. You need your CGM when traveling. American Express and CGM. Don’t leave home without them.
Beyond Fingersticks: The art of control with continuous glucose monitoring

Everything you ever wanted to know about CGM (but didn’t know to ask)!Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM), the revolutionary technology that’s poised to completely change diabetes care, gives you...

Continue Learning about Diabetes

4 Go-To Resources for Diabetic Heart Disease Management
Diabetic heart disease (DHD) is a type of heart disease that affects those with types 1 and 2 diabetes. Lifestyle factors, like diet, activity and str...
How can I help school staff care for my child with diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Many schools have little experience caring for a student with diabetes and may not know what is invo...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
Are There Any Traditional Homeopathic Remedies That Are Effective to Treat Diabetes?