Should I wear my continuous glucose monitor during sports?

William Lee Dubois
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
Whenever your expensive monitor might get smashed to little bits,  consider weighing the risk/benefit equation of protection versus cost in your head. You can’t just remove your sensor and then put it back in after the game, so all you really have to decide is whether or not to keep the monitor on your body when you are doing your sports thing.

Now, not all sports are created equal. Archery is less risky to your monitor than hockey, for instance. Track is less risky to your monitor than basketball. Weightlifting less risky than tennis. And so on.
Beyond Fingersticks: The art of control with continuous glucose monitoring

Everything you ever wanted to know about CGM (but didn’t know to ask)!Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM), the revolutionary technology that’s poised to completely change diabetes care, gives you...

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Do You Know Your Macros?
Do You Know Your Macros?
A healthy diet may be the most powerful tool you have to manage your diabetes. If you eat a balanced diet and pay attention to portion sizes at meals ...
What is meant by an insulin to carb ratio in diabetes treatment?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Often people with type 1 diabetes are given detailed instructions on how to establish an insulin-to-...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
Why Should I See an Endocrinologist If I Have Diabetes?