What should I consider before buying a blood glucose meter?

To choose the right blood glucose meter, you may want to consider several aspects: insurance coverage, your budget, ease of use, test site, your schedule, your vision, your support system, user-friendliness, accuracy, meter size, meter memory, data management systems, language, battery and machine replacement, blood contamination, and convenience.
Steven Edelman, MD
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
Everybody with diabetes should have a home blood glucose monitor says, Steven Edelman, MD, director of Taking Control of Your Diabetes. In this video, he talks about different types of meters.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Do You Know Your Macros?
Do You Know Your Macros?
A healthy diet may be the most powerful tool you have to manage your diabetes. If you eat a balanced diet and pay attention to portion sizes at meals ...
What professionals should I be choosing to help me manage my diabetes?
Jessica CrandallJessica Crandall
It is essential to understand diabetes and how to manage the disease. It can be very beneficial to w...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
3 Ways to Manage Diabetes
3 Ways to Manage Diabetes