Can my A1C be brought down if I take cinnamon?

We must caution patients about expecting A1C levels to lower if taking cinnamon, as there is no proven clinical data to support cinnamon as a single agent in controlling blood sugar and A1C levels. If you choose to try cinnamon, please first discuss it with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Know Your Risk: Diabetic Heart Disease
Know Your Risk: Diabetic Heart Disease
Whether it’s type 1 or type 2, having diabetes means you’re more likely to develop heart disease than those without the condition, more likely to deve...
What drugs can help people with type 2 diabetes produce more insulin?
Medications used to manage type 2 diabetes can be divided into two groups: those that augment your o...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
Can We Spend Less Money on Diabetes Treatment in the U.S.?