What is a casual plasma glucose test for diabetes?

Emilia Klapp
This is a blood test to diagnose diabetes that can be done any time of day. You are not required to fast beforehand. A result of more than 200 mg/dL usually indicates diabetes if the person also has symptoms such as weight loss, blurred vision, fatigue, excessive thirst and urination, and frequent infections that do not heal.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Are You Ready to Try a Plant-Based Diet?
If you’ve read anything about healthy eating plans for people with diabetes, you’ve probably seen the term “plant-based diet.” But what does it mean? ...
How do high blood sugar levels harm people with diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
When the bloodstream becomes flooded with sugar that can’t get into the cells that need it, a ca...
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
Cold hands could be a bigger problem than you think.
What Should I Consider When Eating Products That Contain Agave?