Can I eat starchy foods if I have diabetes?

Starchy foods are part of a healthy meal plan. What is important is the portion size. Whole grain breads, cereals, pasta, rice, and starchy vegetables like potatoes, yams, peas, and corn can be included in your meals and snacks. The key is portions. For most people with diabetes, having 3-4 servings of carbohydrate-containing foods is about right. Whole grain starchy foods are also a good source of fiber, which helps keep your gut healthy.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

The Best and Worst Foods for Diabetes
The Best and Worst Foods for Diabetes
If you have diabetes, planning meals may seem at times like a walking on a tight rope. You can eat this, but not that. You can have some of this, but ...
What are some healthy meals for vegetarians with diabetes?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
Check the video feed on my Sharecare profile or my YouTube channel. I feature vegetarian meals consi...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
Walking Marathons and No Holding Back!
Walking Marathons and No Holding Back!