How do my blood glucose testing results relate to my A1C results?

Your A1C results give an average of your blood glucose level over a 2-3 month period. Depending on how often you check your blood glucose throughout the day, you may be able to estimate what your A1C when you are tested.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Are You Ready to Try a Plant-Based Diet?
If you’ve read anything about healthy eating plans for people with diabetes, you’ve probably seen the term “plant-based diet.” But what does it mean? ...
What is maturity-onset diabetes of the young (MODY)?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Maturity-onset diabetes of the young (MODY) usually affects young adults, but can also affect teens ...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
What Is a Salmon Recipe for People with Diabetes?