What do blood glucose meters measure besides glucose?

There are several blood glucose meters that check more than blood glucose. One meter measures blood glucose and ketones. Another measures blood glucose, ketones, and lipids (including low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol and.triglycerides).

Continue Learning about Diabetes

4 Go-To Resources for Diabetic Heart Disease Management
Diabetic heart disease (DHD) is a type of heart disease that affects those with types 1 and 2 diabetes. Lifestyle factors, like diet, activity and str...
Can taking statins increase my risk of developing diabetes?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
A compilation published in "The Lancet," which analyzed data from a number of large studies involvin...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
Can I Predict the Pattern of My Blood Glucose Levels?