Are bananas a good fruit for people with diabetes?

Though tasty and convenient, bananas are high in carbs and not very diabetes-friendly (for blood sugar control or weight loss). You want to look for fruits that are low in carbs but high in fiber and other health-promoting nutrients. Some good choices include strawberries, cantaloupe, grapefruit, oranges, peaches and raspberries.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

How Diabetes Can Hurt Your Feet—And What You Can Do
People with diabetes often have problems with their feet. One common issue is peripheral neuropathy, which affects up to half of diabetes patients. Th...
Is diabetes more common in some families?
Many people think that diabetes is a purely genetic disease, and of course, it sure would be nice to...
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
Cold hands could be a bigger problem than you think.
How Often Should I Monitor My Blood Sugar?