What should I drink to lower my risk of diabetes?

Switch your fancy coffee drink for sugarless chai latte (nonfat, of course). Chugging just one sugar-loaded drink a day boosts diabetes risk 26% and metabolic syndrome by 20%. Substituting an ice-cold glass of fat-free milk does the opposite: It cuts your risk 12%. Fat-free yogurt and cheese count, too. The calcium, vitamin D and minerals in dairy help your body process blood sugar.

Continue Learning about Diabetes Prevention

You Are What You Drink - And It’s Not What You Think
Celebrity endorsements for soda have been around for years. Remember Mean Joe Green’s 1979 ad for the softer side of Coke? Ever see Norman Rockwell’s ...
Is walking or running better at lowering my diabetes risk?
Which exercise is best for blood sugar, walking or jogging? The answer might surprise you . . . ...
Can diet and exercise reduce my risk for diabetes?
Amy CampbellAmy Campbell
Yes! In fact, a large study, called the Diabetes Prevention Program, showed just that. Participants ...
How Did You Get Involved with Diabetes Prevention?