What should I drink to lower my risk of diabetes?

Switch your fancy coffee drink for sugarless chai latte (nonfat, of course). Chugging just one sugar-loaded drink a day boosts diabetes risk 26% and metabolic syndrome by 20%. Substituting an ice-cold glass of fat-free milk does the opposite: It cuts your risk 12%. Fat-free yogurt and cheese count, too. The calcium, vitamin D and minerals in dairy help your body process blood sugar.

Continue Learning about Diabetes Prevention

3 Tips to Defeat Prediabetes and Prevent Diabetes
Prediabetes and diabetes are rampant in the U.S., so in 2016, we offered several tips to help you get a handle on your glucose levels, if your blood s...
Can eating lentils reduce the risk of diabetes?
Lentils and other foods high in soluble fiber have a low glycemic load; the fiber in them delays dig...
Can cinnamon help prevent diabetes?
Cinnamon, one of the most easy to use spices, may help you fend off the diabetes epidemic by kee...
5 Simple Tricks to Prevent Diabetes
5 Simple Tricks to Prevent Diabetes