Can eating sweet potatoes reduce the risk of diabetes?

Sweet potatoes may actually help stabilize blood sugar and lower insulin resistance. Sweet potatoes have a lower glycemic index than other spuds, which helps soften their impact on your blood sugar. And research shows that their high carotenoid content may be particularly useful in the blood sugar battle and the battle against diabetes.

Continue Learning about Diabetes Prevention

A Mighty Way to Control Diabetes
A Mighty Way to Control Diabetes
The cartoon character Mighty Mouse made his first appearance in the 1940s. He had many superpowers including flight, X-ray vision and the ability to t...
Can I prevent the onset of diabetes if I have prediabetes?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
It’s important to recognize the signs of prediabetes to prevent diabetes. You can improve blood suga...
Can lifestyle modification prevent diabetes?
Yogi Cameron AlborzianYogi Cameron Alborzian
Each of us knows at least several people who suffer from either Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. We watch ...
Eat Less Red Meat to Prevent Diabetes
Eat Less Red Meat to Prevent Diabetes