Can eating sweet potatoes reduce the risk of diabetes?

Sweet potatoes may actually help stabilize blood sugar and lower insulin resistance. Sweet potatoes have a lower glycemic index than other spuds, which helps soften their impact on your blood sugar. And research shows that their high carotenoid content may be particularly useful in the blood sugar battle and the battle against diabetes.

Continue Learning about Diabetes Prevention

You Are What You Drink - And It’s Not What You Think
Celebrity endorsements for soda have been around for years. Remember Mean Joe Green’s 1979 ad for the softer side of Coke? Ever see Norman Rockwell’s ...
Can eating lentils reduce the risk of diabetes?
Lentils and other foods high in soluble fiber have a low glycemic load; the fiber in them delays dig...
What is a certified diabetes educator?
A certified diabetes educator (CDE) is a healthcare professional trained to help people with dia...
Do I Have to Test My Blood Sugar Every Day?