Can lifestyle modification prevent diabetes?

Yogi Cameron Alborzian
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

Each of us knows at least several people who suffer from either Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. We watch them as they constantly monitor their blood sugar levels, take insulin injections, and even navigate their way through the ins and outs of an insulin pump. Modern medicine suggests that this labor-intensive way of life is the only solution to regulate this disease. And yet, I've worked with several diabetics who have gone from an intense dependence on insulin to almost no insulin at all. But how could that be?

Ayurvedic medicine teaches us that diabetes, like any disease of the body, has a root cause. When we establish what that cause is and shift our lifestyle through a certain diet, an intake of herbs, the practicing of yoga posture and breathing techniques, and the administration of other remedies and therapies, we bring the body into greater balance. When we attain this balance, we no longer depend on severe medicinal regimens. Our body is no longer in a state of dis-ease.

Continue Learning about Diabetes Prevention

3 Tips to Defeat Prediabetes and Prevent Diabetes
Prediabetes and diabetes are rampant in the U.S., so in 2016, we offered several tips to help you get a handle on your glucose levels, if your blood s...
Can eating broccoli reduce the risk of diabetes?
The tasty green florets of broccoli are ripped with sulforaphane, a compound that seems to help keep...
Can a vegan diet help me prevent diabetes?
Vandana  R. ShethVandana R. Sheth
Yes, you might be able to prevent/reverse diabetes on a vegan diet. There are many resources availa...
Can I Reverse Diabetes?
Can I Reverse Diabetes?