Can cinnamon help prevent diabetes?

Cinnamon, one of the most easy to use spices, may help you fend off the diabetes epidemic by keeping your blood sugar under control. How? Cinnamon may help cells take in sugar and use insulin better. It doesn't work if you're eating cinnamon on top of a gooey cinnamon bun, of course. As little as a quarter to a half a teaspoon a day may be all you need. Try it in coffee, over fresh apple slices, or even in Crock-Pot dishes for a flavor twist.

Continue Learning about Diabetes Prevention

You Are What You Drink - And It’s Not What You Think
Celebrity endorsements for soda have been around for years. Remember Mean Joe Green’s 1979 ad for the softer side of Coke? Ever see Norman Rockwell’s ...
How much meat should I eat to help prevent diabetes?
If you're like most people, a meat-based main course takes up half of your dinner plate. To side...
How does walking affect the risk of diabetes?
Walking does your body a world of wonders: It improves your mood, flattens your belly, reduces bod...
Can I Reverse Diabetes?
Can I Reverse Diabetes?