Can drinking black tea help prevent diabetes?

Studies show the polysaccharides in black tea have glucose-inhibiting properties -- meaning that black tea may possibly help to prevent type 2 diabetes, although this has not been proven in tests on humans. It also has more caffeine than other teas. Black tea has different types of flavors, from sweet to strong.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com.

Continue Learning about Diabetes Prevention

You Are What You Drink - And It’s Not What You Think
Celebrity endorsements for soda have been around for years. Remember Mean Joe Green’s 1979 ad for the softer side of Coke? Ever see Norman Rockwell’s ...
Is walking or running better at lowering my diabetes risk?
Which exercise is best for blood sugar, walking or jogging? The answer might surprise you . . . ...
How can I change my diet to lower diabetes risk?
By now it’s no surprise that diabetes and diet are closely related. These three simple diet tweaks m...
If I've Just Been Diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, What's the First Thing I Should Do?