Do teeth implants fail in elderly diabetics?

Diseases that affect the immune system like diabetes can decrease the success rate of dental implants. This does not mean that dental implants should not be considered, but that the risks and benefits of the procedures should be carefully explained by the treating dentist.
Elderley diabetics can have successful tooth implants if they maintain good blood glucose control, adhere to their medications, and practice good oral health hygiene.

Continue Learning about Diabetes and Oral Health

What causes white patches in my mouth with diabetes?
The white patches in your mouth and on your tongue may be thrush. Thrush is a fungal infection that ...
Does healing after oral surgery take longer in people with diabetes?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Diabetes can lower your resistance to infection and can slow the healing process. If you are having ...
How should I care for my teeth if I have diabetes?
Diabetes causes the body to be less resistant to infection, which affects your gums. It’s common for...
With Diabetes, Good Oral Health Protects Your Smile