Can missing my insulin shot complicate my oral health?

It may complicate your diabetes, nutrition, and the way you feel. If you have poor control of your diabetes, you are more likely to have gum disease, tooth decay, and a greater chance at experiencing symptoms like dry mouth and bad breath. Keeping your blood sugar levels optimal by following your doctor's advice is the most important thing you can do to prevent both diabetic and oral health complications.

Continue Learning about Diabetes and Oral Health

Are there tips on brushing my teeth with diabetes?
Saloumeh Kashani, DDSSaloumeh Kashani, DDS
Hygiene Basics: The “Bass Method” Brushing your teeth should be done systematically. Total time it ...
Can cranberry or cranberry juice help with oral care or diabetes?
Cranberry is a known antioxidant that has many positive health effects. It is high in sugars and som...
What is the process for getting a filling if I have diabetes?
If you have a cavity and your dentist needs to fill it, check with your dentist about the best time ...
What is the best time to go to the dentist if I have diabetes?
A morning appointment may be best because your blood glucose tends to be controlled better at this t...