How can diabetes change my sense of taste?

Some diabetics have reported that their taste for sweets is diminished, although the taste impairment is usually not severe. Altered taste sensations, barely perceptible to most diabetic patients, may influence their food choices in favor of sweet tasting foods with highly refined carbohydrate content. This may worsen the diabetic patient's dental health and overall health.

Continue Learning about Diabetes and Oral Health

Can I manage oral health and diabetes at the same time?
You can manage both at the same time. The link between bad oral health and complications with diabet...
How does diabetes cause problems with my teeth and gums?
When you have poorly managed blood glucose levels, it can increase the risk of problems with your te...
Does diabetes increase the risk of dental problems?
Carol JahnCarol Jahn
The best way to know if you have oral health problems related to your diabetes is to see your dentis...
What kinds of problems result from poor oral care and diabetes?
Everyone should practice good oral care with regular dental checkups. This is especially true for th...