How do I manage my blood glucose levels to maintain good oral health?

To manage your blood glucose levels successfully you need to make sure you consistently monitor your blood glucose levels with a blood glucose monitor, also called a glucometer. This is especially important if you have type I insulin dependent diabetes. For those who need to take insulin, routine blood glucose monitoring helps you determine when or how much insulin you should use to make sure your blood glucose, or A1C level, is kept in check. A1C should be checked by your doctor twice a year. The target for A1C is below 7. Your doctor will also check to see if your blood pressure is below 130/80, that your LDL cholesterol is below 100 and your HDL cholesterol is above 40.

Continue Learning about Diabetes and Oral Health