Why should I avoid smoking if I have diabetes?

William Lee Dubois
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
Diabetes doesn't do most of us in. Heart attacks do. Remember that diabetes is a huge risk factor for heart disease? Well, there isn't a damn thing you can do about the fact you have diabetes. But you can try to minimize the other risk factors for heart disease, like cholesterol and blood pressure. And smoking is a huge risk factor for heart disease.
Diabetes Warrior: Be your own knight in shining armor. How to stay healthy and happy with diabetes.

You survived the first year: now there is more to learn... Knights? Dragons? Diabetes?! Yep, armed with a wickedly sharp sense of humor and a medieval metaphor, Taming the Tiger author William Lee...

Continue Learning about Diabetes Complications