What is diabetic diarrhea?

Diabetic diarrhea is characterized by loose stools, fecal incontinence, or both, that result from an overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine and diabetic neuropathy in the intestines. This nerve damage can also result in constipation.

Continue Learning about Diabetes Complications

3 Ways to Prevent Diabetic Vision Issues
You probably know that diabetes can cause eye problems, possibly even blindness. Yet despite that startling truth, it’s important to recognize that wi...
Are my erection problems related to my diabetes?
Sangtae Park, MDSangtae Park, MD
Yes.  In addition to increasing age, smoking status, poorly controlled high blood pressure, diabetes...
10 Complications of Diabetes
10 Complications of Diabetes10 Complications of Diabetes10 Complications of Diabetes10 Complications of Diabetes
Other conditions can arise after a diabetes diagnosis. Know how you can stay healthy.
What Are Some Common Stressors Caused by Diabetes Itself?