Your doctor may also recommend that you avoid high-fat and high-fiber foods. Fat naturally slows digestion -- something you don't need if you have gastroparesis -- and fiber is difficult to digest. Some high-fiber foods like oranges and broccoli contain material that cannot be digested. Avoid these foods because the indigestible part will remain in the stomach too long and possibly form bezoars (food hardened into solid masses).
- Q Can diabetes cause gastroparesis?
- Q How is gastroparesis related to diabetes?
- Q How is diabetic gastroparesis treated?
- Q How can a barium X-ray help diagnose gastroparesis in people with diabetes?
- Q What causes diabetic gastroparesis?
- Q What are possible complications of gastroparesis for people with diabetes?