Are there side effects of diabetic socks?

Wearing diabetic socks is not associated with any adverse effects. Any socks that don’t fit well or are abrasive can cause blisters, ulcers, or cuts that could take a long time to heal. Your doctor or nurse can advise you on what socks are best for your feet.

Continue Learning about Diabetes Complications

3 Ways to Prevent Diabetic Vision Issues
You probably know that diabetes can cause eye problems, possibly even blindness. Yet despite that startling truth, it’s important to recognize that wi...
How does diabetes affect the heart?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Diabetics suffer 135,000 fatal heart attacks per year. Remember, diabetes is harmless. It is the sug...
When should I exercise if I have ketones in my blood in diabetes?
Amy CampbellAmy Campbell
Assuming you have type 1 diabetes or type 2 diabetes on insulin, you need to be careful about exerci...
Can Diabetes Lead to Cancer?
Can Diabetes Lead to Cancer?