How long will my body continue to produce insulin if I have LADA?

No one can predict exactly how long a person with latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA) will continue to produce insulin. The crucial task for the doctor is not to miss a LADA diagnosis. And once LADA is diagnosed, the doctor should recognize that some people with LADA require insulin, and will respond best to a basal-bolus (or pump) approach. Although given that people with LADA may have features of type 2 as well, they may benefit from concurrent treatment with various oral medicines.

Continue Learning about Diabetes Complications

How to Break the Link Between Diabetes and Cancer
Diabetes. We know many of you get anxious about it because it can lead to heart attack, blindness, gastrointestinal problems, depression, kidney dysfu...
How does type 1 diabetes affect the body?
Type 1 diabetes can affect other illnesses if blood sugar levels are not well controlled. High level...
10 Complications of Diabetes
10 Complications of Diabetes10 Complications of Diabetes10 Complications of Diabetes10 Complications of Diabetes
Other conditions can arise after a diabetes diagnosis. Know how you can stay healthy.
Why Is Diabetes So Devastating?
Why Is Diabetes So Devastating?