How can high glucose levels from diabetes affect my body?

High glucose levels can affect many parts of the body. They can lead to eye, nerve, and kidney diseases. High glucose levels also make it easier to get infections. They can blur your vision or make you feel tired or thirsty all the time. People with diabetes also are more likely to develop other health problems, including high blood pressure, high cholesterol and fat levels, and heart disease.

Continue Learning about Diabetes Complications

How to Break the Link Between Diabetes and Cancer
Diabetes. We know many of you get anxious about it because it can lead to heart attack, blindness, gastrointestinal problems, depression, kidney dysfu...
How does diabetes affect my risk for kidney disease?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Kidney disease is one of the most serious complications of diabetes. After years of diabetes, the fi...
10 Complications of Diabetes
10 Complications of Diabetes10 Complications of Diabetes10 Complications of Diabetes10 Complications of Diabetes
Other conditions can arise after a diabetes diagnosis. Know how you can stay healthy.
What Are Some Common Stressors Caused by Diabetes Itself?