People with diabetes are prone to developing circulation problems and foot injuries that take a long time to heal. Diabetic socks provide cushioning and keep feet dry. Diabetic socks are very thick, which can help prevent cause blisters, ulcers, or cuts on the feet that could take a long time to heal. In addition, diabetic socks are usually made from acrylic and other synthetic fibers that wick moisture away from the foot to prevent blisters and fungal infection.
- Q How should I care for my feet if I have diabetes?
- Q What should I avoid while wearing diabetic socks?
- Q How often should I have a foot exam if I have diabetes?
- Q How can I adequately care for my feet if I can't reach my toes?
- Q What is the role of a podiatrist in diabetes foot care?
- Q What will help heal diabetic ulcers on my feet?