People with diabetes are prone to developing circulation problems and foot injuries that take a long time to heal. Diabetic socks provide cushioning and keep feet dry. Diabetic socks are very thick, which can help prevent cause blisters, ulcers, or cuts on the feet that could take a long time to heal. In addition, diabetic socks are usually made from acrylic and other synthetic fibers that wick moisture away from the foot to prevent blisters and fungal infection.
- Q What are diabetic socks?
- Q Who can benefit most from wearing diabetic socks?
- Q Should I let my doctor know I'm wearing diabetic socks?
- Q Who shouldn't wear diabetic socks?
- Q What is the role of a podiatrist in diabetes foot care?
- Q Why is foot care important if I have diabetes?