People with diabetes are prone to developing circulation problems and foot injuries that take a long time to heal. Diabetic socks provide cushioning and keep feet dry. Diabetic socks are very thick, which can help prevent cause blisters, ulcers, or cuts on the feet that could take a long time to heal. In addition, diabetic socks are usually made from acrylic and other synthetic fibers that wick moisture away from the foot to prevent blisters and fungal infection.
- Q Should I let my doctor know I'm wearing diabetic socks?
- Q What will help heal diabetic ulcers on my feet?
- Q What is the role of a podiatrist in diabetes foot care?
- Q What should I avoid while wearing diabetic socks?
- Q How can I avoid foot problems if I have diabetes?
- Q Who can benefit most from wearing diabetic socks?