Diabetes can worsen other illnesses, especially cardiovascular disease. If you have been diagnosed with diabetes, and have a personal or family history of cardiovascular disease such as heart attacks or blood vessel disease, you need to be especially vigilant about following your diabetes treatment plan. Talk to your doctor about your medical history if you have been diagnosed with diabetes.
- Q What types of surgery can be done to treat gastroparesis?
- Q What other medical problems can type 2 diabetes cause?
- Q How does type 1 diabetes affect the body?
- Q Does diabetes put me at risk for developing thyroid problems?
- Q What other complications can happen with type 1 diabetes?
- Q What should people with diabetes do if they are experiencing depression?