Diabetes can worsen other illnesses, especially cardiovascular disease. If you have been diagnosed with diabetes, and have a personal or family history of cardiovascular disease such as heart attacks or blood vessel disease, you need to be especially vigilant about following your diabetes treatment plan. Talk to your doctor about your medical history if you have been diagnosed with diabetes.
- Q Is hip replacement surgery safe for my heart if I have diabetes?
- Q What causes complications from type 2 diabetes?
- Q How is low testosterone diagnosed in men with diabetes?
- Q What is focal neuropathy in people with diabetes?
- Q What other medical problems can type 2 diabetes cause?
- Q What happens if I have protein in my urine?