Diabetes can worsen other illnesses, especially cardiovascular disease. If you have been diagnosed with diabetes, and have a personal or family history of cardiovascular disease such as heart attacks or blood vessel disease, you need to be especially vigilant about following your diabetes treatment plan. Talk to your doctor about your medical history if you have been diagnosed with diabetes.
- Q Is hip replacement surgery safe for my heart if I have diabetes?
- Q How can diabetes affect the brain?
- Q What causes complications from type 2 diabetes?
- Q How can I help prevent hyperosmolar hyperglycemic nonketotic syndrome?
- Q How does type 1 diabetes affect the body?
- Q How can diabetes affect my limbs?