Diabetes can worsen other illnesses, especially cardiovascular disease. If you have been diagnosed with diabetes, and have a personal or family history of cardiovascular disease such as heart attacks or blood vessel disease, you need to be especially vigilant about following your diabetes treatment plan. Talk to your doctor about your medical history if you have been diagnosed with diabetes.
- Q Why should I watch how long a wound takes to heal if I have diabetes?
- Q How does tight blood glucose control affect kidney and nerve disease?
- Q How is low testosterone treated in men with diabetes?
- Q Are people with diabetes more likely to get bone fractures?
- Q Does diabetes lead to kidney disease?
- Q What is the best immediate snack to give an athlete in diabetic shock?