Diabetes can worsen other illnesses, especially cardiovascular disease. If you have been diagnosed with diabetes, and have a personal or family history of cardiovascular disease such as heart attacks or blood vessel disease, you need to be especially vigilant about following your diabetes treatment plan. Talk to your doctor about your medical history if you have been diagnosed with diabetes.
- Q Can diabetes cause brown spots on my legs?
- Q How can vision loss from diabetes-related glaucoma be reversed?
- Q Is hip replacement surgery safe for my heart if I have diabetes?
- Q What are symptoms of hyperosmolar hyperglycemic nonketotic syndrome (HHNS)?
- Q What diabetes complications can affect the exercise I do?
- Q What do ketones in the urine indicate about my diabetes?