Should I let my doctor know I'm wearing diabetic socks?

People with diabetes are prone to developing circulation problems and foot injuries that take a long time to heal. Your doctor will probably be more concerned that the socks you wear fit well and provide adequate cushioning and moisture absorption to prevent ulcers, blisters, and fungal infection than whether they are regular socks or diabetic socks. Choose socks that feel comfortable on your feet.

Continue Learning about Diabetes Complications

3 Ways to Prevent Diabetic Vision Issues
You probably know that diabetes can cause eye problems, possibly even blindness. Yet despite that startling truth, it’s important to recognize that wi...
Can diabetes lead to cancer?
Having type 2 diabetes is a risk factor for developing pancreatic cancer and other cancers. Lear...
What can cause ketoacidosis in people with diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Ketones are acids that build up in the blood and appear in the urine when your body doesn't have eno...
Why Is Diabetes So Devastating?
Why Is Diabetes So Devastating?