Can diabetes cause brown spots on my legs?

The brown spots caused by diabetes are called diabetic dermopathy. These brown to red spots are typically on the shins and are benign (not harmful). There isn't any good treatment for them.

Continue Learning about Diabetes Complications

3 Ways to Prevent Diabetic Vision Issues
You probably know that diabetes can cause eye problems, possibly even blindness. Yet despite that startling truth, it’s important to recognize that wi...
How does diabetes affect my risk for kidney disease?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Kidney disease is one of the most serious complications of diabetes. After years of diabetes, the fi...
10 Complications of Diabetes
10 Complications of Diabetes10 Complications of Diabetes10 Complications of Diabetes10 Complications of Diabetes
Other conditions can arise after a diabetes diagnosis. Know how you can stay healthy.
Why Is Diabetes So Devastating?
Why Is Diabetes So Devastating?