What are the treatment options for dyspraxia?

Treatment options for dyspraxia start with first identifying that there is a problem. If a developmental milestone is long delayed or if there is a history of learning disabilities in the family, a child should be evaluated by a professional. Once a diagnosis is made, children may be treated with medications to improve concentration. Working with special education teachers and other specialists may be the most effective treatments.

Continue Learning about Developmental Disorders

What should I do if my child shows signs of developmental delay?
Parents should voice their concerns and observations to their child's physician when development...
What is developmental expressive language disorder?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Some children with language impairments have problems expressing themselves in speech. Their disorde...
Are the Current Diagnostic Tests for Autism Accurate?
How to Spot Dyslexia in Young Kids
How to Spot Dyslexia in Young Kids