How do medications treat dyspraxia?

Low doses of stimulant drugs such as Ritalin and Dexedrine have been used to treat learning disabilities like dyspraxia for several years. These medications temporarily help children and adults concentrate and become more focused. Ritalin is effective for three to four hours and Dexedrine for four to six hours.

Continue Learning about Developmental Disorders

What should I do if my child shows signs of developmental delay?
Parents should voice their concerns and observations to their child's physician when development...
Which specialists can help my child with developmental issues?
If you and your doctor do determine that your child has some developmental issues, you may be re...
How to Spot Dyslexia in Young Kids
How to Spot Dyslexia in Young Kids
Are the Current Diagnostic Tests for Autism Accurate?