How common is dyspraxia?

Dyspraxia can affect as many as six percent of children between the ages of five and eleven. Lack of training in recognizing symptom causes many cases to go unnoticed and untreated. In young children, the signs are subtle and often thought of as being a "little bit behind" and not a serious problem. Effects of dyspraxia are not limited to I.Q., so it affects children and adults of all levels.

Continue Learning about Developmental Disorders

How do I manage my child's mental retardation on a daily basis?
Daily management of a child with mental retardation is based on the child's individual health plan. ...
What should I do if my child shows signs of developmental delay?
Parents should voice their concerns and observations to their child's physician when development...
Why Do Some People with Autism Have Both Developmental Disorders and Remarkable Abilities?
Are the Current Diagnostic Tests for Autism Accurate?