Do dyspraxia learning disabilities run in families?

The fact that learning disabilities like dyspraxia run in families indicates that there may be a genetic link. A parent's learning disability may be different than the child's. The learning disability is not a specific inherited disorder but more of a subtle brain dysfunction that leads to a learning disorder. In some cases, learning difficulties may originate from the family's environment.

Continue Learning about Developmental Disorders

What is a developmental delay?
Development refers to changes over time, and in children it refers to changes in thought, behavi...
What should I do if my child shows signs of developmental delay?
Parents should voice their concerns and observations to their child's physician when development...
How to Spot Dyslexia in Young Kids
How to Spot Dyslexia in Young Kids
Are the Current Diagnostic Tests for Autism Accurate?