Why can't I use a hair dryer on my child's hair after applying malathion?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Malathion (Ovide) is flammable, meaning it could easily catch fire, so don't use a hair dryer on your child's hair after applying it to treat head lice. Keep the bottle of malathion lotion away from other electrical heat sources, such as curling irons and electric curlers, as well. Don't allow a child whose hair is wet with malathion lotion near these objects either. If you're a smoker, don't light up while applying malathion lotion or smoke near a child with the lotion in his hair.