Why do I need to take a diuretic with minoxidil?

You may need to take a diuretic when taking minoxidil to get rid of extra water and salt in your body. As your blood pressure gets low, your body holds on to water and salt and makes your heart beat faster. Your doctor may prescribe a diuretic to remove the excess water from your body and another pill to keep your heart beating normally, so your blood pressure stays low.

Continue Learning about Dermatological Agent

Why You Should Steer Clear of Triclosan
Why You Should Steer Clear of Triclosan
What do credit cards, hockey helmets, kids’ toys, trashcans, toothpaste, deodorants and shaving creams have in common? They could all contain triclosa...
How are benzodiazepines used to treat insomnia?
Benzodiazepines are sedative drugs that are often used to treat anxiety. Benzodiazepines that are FD...
How effective are direct vasodilators?
Minoxidil is more potent than hydralazine. It is effective for more than 75% of people whose blood p...
What should I know before taking a direct vasodilator?
If you have known or suspected coronary artery disease, hydralazine may not be a good option for you...