What are the side effects of ethyl chloride?

It is uncommon to experience side effects from ethyl chloride when it is used as a topical anesthetic. It may briefly irritate the eyes or respiratory tract when first sprayed. Spraying too much ethyl chloride may cause frostbite. If you are exposed to ethyl chloride over a long period of time, you may experience intoxication, headaches, uncoordination, trouble breathing, stomach cramps/pain, sleepiness, nausea/vomiting, skin pigment alteration, delayed wound healing, infection and an inability to feel pain while conscious. Rarely, severe allergic reactions occur in the form of swelling, itching, dizziness and a rash. Let your doctor know if you are pregnant and need to take this medication.

Continue Learning about Dermatological Agent

Why You Should Steer Clear of Triclosan
Why You Should Steer Clear of Triclosan
What do credit cards, hockey helmets, kids’ toys, trashcans, toothpaste, deodorants and shaving creams have in common? They could all contain triclosa...
What are oral corticosteroids?
Oral corticosteroids, such as prednisone, are man-made versions of hormones made by the body's adren...
What should I know before taking benzodiazepines?
If you have thoughts of suicide, a benzodiazepine may not be a good option for you. If you take a b...
What should I know before taking inhaled corticosteroids?
Inhaled corticosteroids have not been proven to be safe and effective for children of all ages. They...