What is neomycin, polymyxin, and hydrocortisone?

Neomycin, polymyxin, and hydrocortisone is a cream that combines two antibiotics and a corticosteroid. The antibiotics work to kill bacterial infections while the corticosteroid reduces inflammation. Neomycin, polymyxin and hydrocortisone is the generic name of the ingredients. The brand name of this combination drug is Cortisporin. The medication is only available by prescription.

Continue Learning about Dermatological Agent

Why You Should Steer Clear of Triclosan
Why You Should Steer Clear of Triclosan
What do credit cards, hockey helmets, kids’ toys, trashcans, toothpaste, deodorants and shaving creams have in common? They could all contain triclosa...
What should I know before taking benzodiazepines?
If you have thoughts of suicide, a benzodiazepine may not be a good option for you. If you take a b...
Do topical calcineurin inhibitors have side effects?
Side effects may include flu-like symptoms, headaches, itching, and redness or a burning sensation o...
What should I know before using topical corticosteroids?
If you have an immune system problem or are undergoing immunosuppressive therapy, a topical corticos...