What should I do if I miss a dose of bentoquatam?

If you miss a dose of bentoquatam (IvyBlock) -- meaning you forget to reapply it to your skin as directed -- simply put it on as soon as you remember. Keep in mind that you may not be as well protected against a skin rash caused by poison ivy, poison oak and poison sumac. For the best protection, apply bentoquatam at least 15 minutes before you expect to be in contact with any of these plants, and reapply it every four hours for as long as you're exposed to them.

Bentoquatam helps protect skin from developing a rash. It won't heal or soothe one.

Continue Learning about Dermatological Agent

Why You Should Steer Clear of Triclosan
Why You Should Steer Clear of Triclosan
What do credit cards, hockey helmets, kids’ toys, trashcans, toothpaste, deodorants and shaving creams have in common? They could all contain triclosa...
How effective are benzodiazepines for treating insomnia?
Benzodiazepines are effective for helping people with insomnia fall asleep faster and sleep longer. ...
How are benzodiazepines used to treat lower back pain?
Benzodiazepines appear to be about as effective as muscle relaxants for short-term relief of low bac...
What are topical calcineurin inhibitors?
Topical calcineurin inhibitors are drugs that are applied directly to the skin in the form of an oin...