Collagenase (the name of the active ingredient in the brand-name drug Santyl) is a prescription enzymatic ointment used to treat burns and skin ulcers. The medication, which is applied topically to the wound, breaks down collagen in dead or decaying tissue and clears away the bad tissue. New healthy tissue then can form in the wound. Collagenase does not damage newly formed or healthy tissue.
- Q What should I know about collagenase before using it?
- Q Is generic medication as effective as brand name medication?
- Q Are generic drugs as safe as name-brand medications?
- Q What are fibric acid derivatives?
- Q What is the MDP Multidose Kit of Technetium Injection?
- Q What are the possible benefits of appetite suppressants?