What should I avoid while using Picato?

While using Picato (ingenol mebutate), a gel that treats a precancerous skin condition called actinic keratosis, you should avoid getting the drug in your eyes, mouth or vagina. After you spread the gel on your skin, don't cover the area with a bandage or dressing, and don't wash it for six hours. Also avoid touching the treated area or doing any activities that will cause you to sweat. It's also best to use the medicine at least two hours before going to sleep.

Continue Learning about Dermatological Agent

Why You Should Steer Clear of Triclosan
Why You Should Steer Clear of Triclosan
What do credit cards, hockey helmets, kids’ toys, trashcans, toothpaste, deodorants and shaving creams have in common? They could all contain triclosa...
What should I know before using topical corticosteroids?
If you have an immune system problem or are undergoing immunosuppressive therapy, a topical corticos...
What should I know before taking a direct vasodilator?
If you have known or suspected coronary artery disease, hydralazine may not be a good option for you...
What should I know before taking benzodiazepines?
If you have thoughts of suicide, a benzodiazepine may not be a good option for you. If you take a b...